The newest style of dance, developed in the 1970s, Hip Hop refers to street dance styles primarily performed to hip hop music. Hip Hop includes a wide range of styles, including but not limited to, breaking, locking, popping & tutting. Hip Hop is by far a culture unto itself that takes our dancers on a journey and challenges them to articulate movements in the most subtle and the most grand of ways.
- Across the floor work
- Dance combinations and performance routines
HIP HOP ATTIRE REQUIRED
- Sweat pants, baggy shorts, baggy t-shirt, jersey , tank top
- Shoes with good support. Shoes should be just for dance - No street shoes.
- No jeans, shorts above the knee, tight pants, sandals or bare feet.
- Hair tied in a pony tail or bun
- No Tennis shoes or bare feet.
WHAT TO BRING
- Water Bottle
**NOTE:** Students are expected to master the basics at each level before progressing to the next, and are admitted into upper levels only by audition or invitation by the instructors.